For the Featherbeds project, we worked along side our close partners ARCO2 who specialise in sustainable and self-sufficient buildings.
Featherbeds makes use of its rather unusual situation in a narrow valley with running water surrounded by beautiful Cornish woodland and a private lake.
The main external skin is a lovely mix of stone from a variety of Cornish quarries which flows throughout the home, reflecting inside and out prefectly.
The grounds were all specifically landscaped to flow from the house using local stones and slate to blend the inside and out in this wonder home.
Utilising a mixture of Black Opet tumbled limestone on the floors throughout the majority of the home, with local stone walling to cohesively bring the design to life.
Comfort Galarno and Tumbled Bergamo in the open plan living, kitchen, dining and sunken TV area. These lovely spaces flow out into the Millboard deck and Coastal Ash Black Granite patio.
Working with the Client and Design team we created and implemented the Natural Pudding Clay to waterproof the organic swimming pool.
Project completed by: ARCO2 Architecture Ltd
- Grey 4” Cut Walling Stone
- Rustic 4” Cut Walling Stone
- Ocean Riven Slate Blue Black Slate Paving
- Internal Brazilian Black Slate Paving
- Standard Brazilian Slate Cill
- Ocean Brazilian Black Honed Slate
- Charcoal Black Slate 20mm Chipping
- Comfort Galarno Tumbled Limestone Flooring
- Comfort Black Opet Tumbled Limestone Flooring
- Limestone Bergamo Tumbled Flooring
- Limestone Bergamo Tumbled French Pattern
- Coastal Granite Ash Black Paving
- Natural Puddling Clay
- Millboard Decking
- Atlantic Pebbles 30-50mm
- Wildflower Turf
- Festival Seeded Turf
- Blended Topsoil